Your company has a grand plan for digital disruption (and world domination). When and how should you consider the philosophical consequences?Read More
Recently, my husband and I were arguing about TiVos, and it’s not just because we like to argue. He says that our homegrown MythTV system is a customizable, open-source way to record television, and I say that I miss the chirpy little noise a TiVo remote control made when I fast-forwarded through the commercials. Then we paused to remember Tivo’s competitor, ReplayTV. What the heck happened to it?
Life is too short to want to punch a website in the face, but there I was, staring at Apple.com, feeling the rage. I was struck for the nth time by the sheer badness of the name iPad when I realized there were worse names of tech companies, products, and services. In fact, there are entire categories of bad.
When Kiely Cronin visits San Francisco, his cell phone drops his calls…on a good day. On a bad day, however, his device doesn’t work at all. “If I’m in a large crowd, I can’t even place a phone call.”
- Featured Articles (15)
- From (1683)
- Topics (145)
- This Orphan Black fan bracelet maker has gone big time
- Harlan Ellison remembered: Twitter pays tribute to the Star Trek/Outer Limits writer
- When to hire an ethics officer
- Stuff We Love: The Guild’s ‘I’m the One That’s Cool’ is the world’s greatest geek anthem
- Stuff We Love: The lyrics in Batman: The Brave and the Bold’s ‘Birds of Prey’ are naughty fun