Recently, my husband and I were arguing about TiVos, and it’s not just because we like to argue. He says that our homegrown MythTV system is a customizable, open-source way to record television, and I say that I miss the chirpy little noise a TiVo remote control made when I fast-forwarded through the commercials. Then we paused to remember Tivo’s competitor, ReplayTV. What the heck happened to it?
Life is too short to want to punch a website in the face, but there I was, staring at Apple.com, feeling the rage. I was struck for the nth time by the sheer badness of the name iPad when I realized there were worse names of tech companies, products, and services. In fact, there are entire categories of bad.
When Kiely Cronin visits San Francisco, his cell phone drops his calls…on a good day. On a bad day, however, his device doesn’t work at all. “If I’m in a large crowd, I can’t even place a phone call.”
- Featured Articles (15)
- From (1255)
- Topics (113)
- Watch: Why The Exorcist producer was initially reluctant about the remake
- Image of the day: John Barrowman is as good a Harley Quinn as Margot Robbie
- Are all The Magicians cast actually dead? Surprises in store for Season 2.
- Watch: Expect more science fiction in Season 2 of Colony
- Supernatural casts legendary pop star Rick Springfield as Lucifer